So when I moved up to Spokane last January, I lived with Shawsh for about 8-months. After getting there we decided together to do weight-watchers. She had done it before, and knew all the tricks, it was a good thing for me. We worked out together, and ate good food together, and kept track of our food together. I lost about 25 lbs. before my birthday! I didn't take any before or after pictures, but maybe I'll find some good comparisons.
I kinda gave up on it over the summer, I was busy with school, work, and a boy (eating out is not conducive to losing weight) and needed a little break. I'm happy to say that during that time I did not gain! I maintained really well. I had learned good habits about portion control, snacking, and eating the right things. When I moved out, I was afraid I'd fall back into old college habits, since cooking healthy foods for one person is near impossible. However, I am happy to say that in the last 3 weeks I have lost another 5 lbs! Making me down 30 lbs total!! My roomies help because we cook meals for each other 3x's a week. I am buying the good foods, and still trying to stick to my good habits, although I'm not keeping track religiously, and I got a gym membership, and with how poor I am, and how much money it's costing me, you know I'm not gonna waste it! I think dating Exodus has also helped since we don't eat out much....in fact tonight was the first time we did, and it's probably the reason I'm posting this now.....because all I ate tonight was a blizzard and a corn dog, and by the time I was going to work I couldn't think of anything to take to eat for my break....cuz I felt nasty. Then since I've been here I've eaten 2 cookies, chicken and rice soup, and a half-sandwich. Not my best day. In fact, I ran stairs tonight at work to make myself feel better. But overall, I'm definitely getting there.
I'm proud of my progress, but I am also trying to not get comfortable yet. I still have some to lose, and would love to be at my goal size in pants by Christmas, so I can get new clothes. I've been fighting the urge to get in-between size pants, because I don't want to have something to go back to, but I get comments on the bagginess of my pants daily, and yesterday it came from my department head......so I called mom, and asked if she wanted to give me a half-birthday present (my half-birthday was on Tuesday ) and she said, "Yeah, go to Goodwill and buy yourself a couple of pairs of pants!" HAHAH She's great huh? Actually she made a good point, if I buy pants I don't love at Goodwill for cheap, then I won't want to go back to them as bad, in fact, I can just get rid of them once they're too big and not be out much money. Good mom. I'm gonna do it. We'll see how early I wake up after work today if I go shopping ;)
PS. Baskin Robbins gives you a coupon for free ice cream on your half-birthday as well as your real birthday!! Woot Woot!
Inspirational quote from Shawsh:
"No food will taste as good as being thin feels."


Hey Mego! Good job!!! That's really impressive. One of my good friends here in Kzoo did Weight Watchers and lost a lot of weight on it too. I like your mom's advice... Goodwill. :) I'd say go for the pants! And don't get rid of your "bigger" pants if you have room to store them... save them for when you get pregnant and after you have a baby. I'm so glad I saved all of my jeans... so I didn't have to be limited to sweatpants in my post-partum days. ALSO, you have a boyfriend? I want to hear the details!
ReplyDelete