Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmastime

How do you describe one of the best Christmases ever?  Like this:

Exodus' family decided to celebrate Christmas 3-days early because his brother wasn't gonna be in town on Christmas day, and they invited me,  which worked out perfect since I still had to work my regular shift Christmas weekend.  It was wonderful.  His family is amazing and made me feel totally included. They even gave me a stocking/sock ;)  It was great! (They also decided to celebrate New Year's early this year....we'll be doing so next Tuesday)

Christmas day I decided to stay up after my shift since the Elder was given permission at the last minute to use Skype video chat to call home for Christmas.  Luckily I remembered to bring my laptop and presents for Shawsh's family to work that night, so I just headed straight to their house from the hospital.  The kids were already up, we opened presents, and I set up the computer at their house so we could all be there to see the missionary for the last time before he comes home!  What an experience!  We had 8 of the 9 siblings plus the parentals all on the same conference call.  I think I saw Dee Dee get a picture of us all video chatting together.  I almost cried. It's been so long since we've all been together (granted we were still missing one family) and technology made it possible!  I love it. It took us a while to get a system down so that we weren't all trying to talk at the same time.  But it was so worth it.  the Elder is doing great.  He gets home on March 8th.  Hopefully we'll be able to get him out west soon after.  And an exciting announcement was made that I can't publish yet....but soon ;)  To top it all off.....Shawsh made us crepes.  with berries, and whipped cream, Nutella and bananas, and sausages ;)  So great.  

I got home at 12:30 fell right asleep and slept until 7pm!  I slept through 7 text messages!  So proud of myself I am.  I was really surprised by my ability to stay awake all morning,  and since I'm writing this at work, I can honestly say it's been one of the easiest nights tiredness-wise for me.  Probably because I got so much sleep, but also because I slept later in the day, so I wasn't worn out when I showed up here. All in all I really couldn't have planned it better. Now if only I didn' t have to get up at 11 for meetings.....

Merry Christmas!  I'm so grateful for this season!  I'm so grateful for families - and how celebrating the birth of our Savior brings us closer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment