I just got broken-up with for the first time since high-school. I haven't had a ton of relationships in the past, but it's interesting to note that I'm usually the one doing the breaking. I won't pretend that it hasn't been hard. I've been very humbled, very emotional, and very loved by many good friends around me. I took some time off from school. I've been doing a lot of writing, and a lot of thinking, and all of it has been good therapy.
I'm not posting this for attention or for sympathy, really, I think I'm out of the worst of it - definitely feeling more normal and happy. The reason I am posting this is out of gratitude. Gratitude for the experience, for what I learned, and feeling like I did the best I can. I have had a lot of regrets in regards to past relationships, but after this one, I have very few. Also, and probably most importantly though, I want to express gratitude for the spirit and personal revelation. I've tried very hard to stay close to the spirit through this, and to stay worthy of its promptings. I have gained much understanding and comfort from my Heavenly Father and know that I will never be alone, even when I feel the most alone. Thank goodness for my understanding of the plan of salvation and for a knowledge that everything happens for a reason. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who always knows what I need better than I do. This is a lesson I hope to never forget.
Oh Meg. Thank you for your dose of perspective. You are wise and I have learned so much from you over the years. Is there anything I can do for you?
ReplyDeleteYou know what they say... "breaking up is hard to-ooh-ooh do." So sorry to hear you've been through the ringer. It sounds like you sure have a good head on your shoulders though. I love you Meg and know that the right guy is out there looking for you!
ReplyDeleteHahhhh, and I just realized that "breaking up is hard to do" was the title of this post. I'm so clever.
ReplyDelete