Thursday, June 30, 2011

Trust

I will post about the trip soon.  Give me time, a lot happened. But right now, I want to just vent some frustration I'm feeling.

I just found out that a good friend of me lied... a pretty serious lie to me, that made me feel pretty horrible about myself. It's difficult to lose trust in someone that you have already entrusted sensitive
information to. I have not confronted this person about it.

Today's institute lesson was wonderful, and someone made a comment about how she felt that she was skeptical by nature.
It made me realize that I tend to be really trusting by nature. However, since I've been in my current calling, I feel like I have been blessed much more with the gift of discernment when it comes to church related stuff.....so why isn't this translating into my personal life? 
Why do I have a hard time reading people and understanding how they feel towards me?

I don't want to become an un-trusting person, but I really really hate being taken advantage of. Maybe it's better to be ignorant about what people truly think of me I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment