I actually wrote a blog post last weekend (not about Florida) and never posted it, I guess it's still too new and personal to share right now, but it's a good one.
Things are crazy and busy, and crazy busy right now, and I'm definitely feeling overwhelmed. Work is exhausting, school is kicking my butt, my year-end clearance is on Monday, I am not doing my best in fulfilling my calling, I started dating a new boy....
...guess I'll need to find a name for him....
and it's summer and all I wanna do is play! I'm definitely hitting the bottom of my resources barrel right now, so I was looking for a pick me up tonight at work, especially because it hasn't been the most uplifting circumstances here at the Sacred Heart ER....I found these 2 talks that I loved loved loved when they were first given, so I'm going to share them. The first is called "Remember Lot's Wife"
My favorite lines from this talk:
"She doubted the Lord's ability to give her something better than she had."
"Faith trusts that God has great things in store for each of us and that Christ is the "high priest of good things to come."
I feel like it's all about perspective. It reminds me of the book "Believing Christ" by Stephen E. Robinson. Sometimes we can believe in Christ, but do we really truly believe that he has the power to make things better, to heal us. Which leads me to the next talk
"One Among the Crowd"
"Though buried among the thronging mass, she resolutely and quietly pressed forward with a single purpose in mind: to come to the Savior, having faith that He had the power to heal her, that He cared about her and would respond to her need. In this one thing she set herself apart from the crowd. The crowd came to see, but the woman came to be healed."
What I need is faith. And a blessing. And to re-evaluate my priorities.
Besides this....I am grateful. Grateful for family (even though they're all together now in Wisconsin without me) Grateful for good trustworthy friends, Grateful for my job, Grateful for school, Grateful for my calling and my ward, Grateful that I am doing well.....regardless of how I feel about myself or my life, it's pretty dang great!

Your blog makes me miss you. Can we please live cloer?
ReplyDeleteWoot wooooot!
ReplyDelete