Saturday, January 29, 2011

Guess Who is Not a Slacker?

I started blogging as a way of record keeping that wasn't a journal, since I have a difficult time with that.  It may seem lately that I have lost interest in this goal and/or have nothing interesting to say. Both of those are incorrect.  The truth is I'm drowning.  I think my bishop put it best last week when he related me to a duck  - he said that my feet were kicking furiously under the water, but I seemed totally calm and collected on the surface. (one of the nicest compliments I've ever received.)

Having said that, I'm not going to complain about my schedule, responsibilities, or workload, because it accomplishes nothing, and I'm sick of complaining.  Instead, here is what I have learned so far this month:
  • Communication is important - even if it hurts sometimes
  • Happiness is a choice (I keep having to learn this one huh?)
  • I have a heck of a lot of stuff to be grateful for
  • Even though I question my decision to go into this field often, in the end, I really am happy where I'm at, and happy with what I do.
  • Heavenly Father is watching out for me....and probably carrying me a lot more than I realize
  • I can multi-task.
I have heard from multiple techs that their 2 years in the program were the hardest of their lives. I definitely didn't think this was going to be as hard as it has been, (it's community college right?!?!) I feel like grad school would have been a walk in the park compared to this, but I'm doing it, I'm almost 1/3 of the way through, this is going to be the worst semester, and by golly, I can do hard things!

No comments:

Post a Comment