![]() |
| A picture for good measure....me and brother Bill-bo. Just to show how desperate I was ;) |
When I was in Utah last week I had a great discussion with Panda about our dating lives....seemingly nonexistent for me it seems. Welcome to NOT Utah! Back in our hay-day the 2 of us would unabashedly ask boys out ourselves. We were strong girls! We didn't need to wait for boys to ask us out, we could take the initiative and show interest! However, eventually we learned that something happens to a boy when a girl takes the reigns. They lose interest. The cat and mouse game disappears.
Someone once told me, "boys want to chase, and girls want to be chased" and as much as I fought it, it holds true for me. And even though scores of boys have told me they would love it if a girl asked them out for a change, deep down they know it would never work out. ( it never worked out for me) Why is that? Doesn't it seem a little unfair that we girls have to just sit around and wait for the boy to be interested? Why does a girl being in charge hurt their manhood so much? Why does a girl who doesn't run away become less desirable?
Well once I stopped pursing the man of my choice, the next lesson I had to learn was to not fall in love....well at least not fall in love until fallen in love with. There is nothing more heart breaking than being in love with a boy that has no intention of loving you back....even if they care about you a lot. This just comes with practice, I call it "crushing practice". Crush on a boy until there is no hope, and then find another to crush upon. I have not yet mastered this, although I am becoming much more numb to the effects.
So what am I doing about it? I'm not pursing. I'm not crushing. I'm trying to find validation from other sources because I don't need a boy to tell me I'm wonderful. Heck, I know that I am freakin awesome. I am making myself flirty and available...and workin on the being nice thing. I am not the cookie cutter, and I'm proud of it. Deep down I know that I don't want to be the girl who gets asked out by every boy, because all she gets are the shallow ones, but gosh it'd be nice to have a little more lovin up in here!
P.S. Don't get me wrong...dating in Spokomton is way way better than dating in Utard. Way way better. Way way less heart breaking. Just much more infrequent. ;)

I know your life in Spokane is amazing, but can you PLEASE move back? I freaking miss you. Freaking.
ReplyDeleteAnd since when do you use nicknames for everyone? Reading your blog is like reading the New Testament...everybody's name be changing all the time.
Wait, did you say you were in Utah last week?
ReplyDeleteSarah - Everyone has always had an alias on my blog. And no...not moving back. Utah is a hole that sucks you in and then sucks your life away ;)
ReplyDeleteClara - If you will read carefully, you will see that I wrote this back in September ;)