Saturday, September 11, 2010

Garage Sale-ing!!



So this awesome roommate of mine
went with a very tired - just got done with graveyard shift me
to find me some bedroom furniture.  After seeing some of the furniture she said, "Bacon, if you buy this I'll help your re-finish it."  How could I say no?!??!  So here are the before and after pictures of our awesome bartering and painting skills.  I got the entire bedroom set for $40 (talked her down from $150!)  and the desk I got for $20. 

MIRROR - One of those that sits on top of the dresser
Sorry - all the "before" pictures I took with my phone so they're not the best quality. 
Note my sexy long legs in the mirror
(I don't have an "after picture for the mirror, but we just painted the wood black)

NIGHTSTAND- Before
After
I tried buying new handles for the drawers, but I couldn't find anything that would fit, so L.A.  just spray painted them, pretty sleek eh?

DRESSER- Before

After
I love this thing, it's huge, but super sturdy, and it's exactly like one my parents had in their bedroom.


DESK - Before
Oh man this picture does not do the nastiness of the desk justice. 
It was the grossest color, but had good wood, and a lot of potential....

After
This one is my favorite!  For obvious reasons. 
We were gonna go with a lot of colors for each piece, but decided to just make this an accent piece instead.
It's bright and fun, and looks really good with the other black furniture. 
Now I just need to learn how to decorate my walls!
Thanks for showing me how to re-finish furniture L.A.,  you da bomb!

1 comment:

  1. So cute Meg!! We did that with a dresser and nightstand for Lila's room and it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete